- May 18 - Vegetable Disease ID for Field and Hydroponic Agriculture-Live Oak, FL
- May 23 - Building Your Own Farm's Food Safety Manual-Tallahassee, FL
- June 21 - Building Your Own Farm's Food Safety Manual-Apopka, FL
- June 28 - Building Your Own Farm's Food Safety Manual-Bushnell, FL
- September 25 - Building Your Own Farm's Food Safety Manual-Gainesville, FL
A new grower permit form is being adopted statewide. Old forms need to be discarded. Click here to download the new form.
The Cattle Identification Rule (Chapter 5C-31, Florida Administrative Code) has been published with an effective date of September 4, 2014. To learn more about this rule please click here.
A new set of pocket guides aimed at "Preparing Smallholder Farm Families to Adapt to Climate Change" have been released. Funded by USAID and developed by Catholic Relief Services and the Modernizing Extension and Advisory Services (MEAS) project. Extension practitioners are encouraged to read, and borrow from, these guides. They are available at the following links: Extension Practice for Agricultural Adaptation, Managing Water Resources, "Managing Crops" (due out later this spring), followed soon after by "Managing Soils." A fifth guide, "Managing Livestock," is currently on hold, pending further funding.
Explore topics related to
the production, marketing
and economics of specific small farm enterprises. More...
- Cold Hardy Citrus Field Day
- Suwannee Valley Twilight Field Day
- 66th Annual Florida Beef Cattle Short Course
- Many More...
Our Small Farms & Alternative Enterprises UF-IFAS and FAMU-CAFS Extension Team Program Summary is now available. Click here to view our newsletter.
Extension Agents and
Small Farmers working together to share information. More...
This Farm Pocket Notebook contains record forms and information. More...
Virtual Field Day
The Virtual Field Day is a web site that allows visitors to see first hand new crops and alternative enterprises featured at field days & workshops. More...