Wildlife & Hunting
Managing wildlife on farms and ranches can provide landowners with both tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include improved wildlife-related recreation for you, your family, and friends, as well as income from providing hunting opportunities, access to other forms of outdoor recreation involving wildlife, and the production of wildlife and associated products. More...
- Agricultural Biodiversity
Agro-ecosystem indicators, recreational options, natural resource management plans, sustainable agriculture.
- Agrotourism / Ecotourism
Entertainment farming and agrotourism, recreation, and services.
Cost share programs, conservation easements, and restoration techniques.
Hunting leases and preserves, liability, insurance, workshops, and regulations.
- Wildlife Damage & Control
Types of problems, highways and wildlife, plant susceptibility to damage, and coping with damage from birds, deer, hogs, rats, and other animals.
- Wildlife Farming & Ranching
Individual species, marketing, laws, regulations, and permits.
- Wildlife Regulations
Wildlife protection laws, regulations, and code manuals.
- Economic Value of Wildlife
- Environmental Volunteer Programs
- Establishing and Maintaining Wildlife Food Sources
- Habitat Restoration
- Landscaping for Wildlife
- Management and Conservation of Wildlife
- Observing and Monitoring Wildlife
- Providing Water for Wildlife
- Wildlife and Agriculture
- Wildlife and Hunting as Alternative Farm Enterprises
- Wildlife by Species
- Wildlife Education
- Supplemental Feeding and Food Plots for Bobwhite Quail
- A Walk on the Wild Side: 2010 Cool Season Forage Recommendations for Wildlife Food Plots in North Florida
- Wildlife Topics
State & Federal Agencies
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (Florida FWC)
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Other University Sites
Organizations & Associations
- Florida Audubon Society
- Master Wildlifer
- National Audubon Society
- National Wildlife Federation
- The Nature Conservancy
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
- Project WILD
- Quality Deer Management Association
- Sierra Club
- Society for Conservation Biology
- United States World Wildlife Fund
- The Wildlife Society
- The Wildlife Society: Florida Chapter
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- National Wild Turkey Federation